#Associate Business Development and Alliance Management
Associate Business Development and Alliance Management (Canada/Israel)
Who are we?
We are here to improve the lives of patients through innovative technologies. We're a rapidly growing inter-disciplinary team of professionals passionate about developing game changing technologies that improve the lives of patients. We are addressing one of today’s most critical global health concerns – the rise of antibiotics resistant bacteria (www.me-med.com).
Who are we looking for?
If you're a highly motivated top notch analytical, strategic and talented team player, with a passion for realizing game changing medical products that can impact patients, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced team member to join our business development team, reporting to the Chief Business Development Officer and to contribute to our strategic marketing efforts. Responsibilities include participating in developing the company business strategy, performing due diligence, competitive intelligence, deal negotiation and support for potential in and out licensing opportunities. Moreover, this role will be responsible for the management of ongoing and future strategic partnerships.
The work will be done in close collaboration with other team members, especially with our strategic marketing group (~20% of the time), where the responsibilities will be to work closing with the VP Marketing to assist in US strategic marketing efforts.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Source and triage business development opportunities (network, conferences, inbound opportunities).
- Perform due diligence, including working with the finance and marketing group to gather all relevant information for potential business development opportunities. Synthesize and present the information, along with recommendations, to the executive team.
- Assist in negotiation, term sheet and agreement drafting.
- Manage the alliance governance processes, consistent with agreement intent, and ensure that joint governance committees’ function efficiently with timely decision-making.
- Provide an open and continuous channel of communication to ensure appropriate.
- Identified value-creating opportunities to expand alliances.
- 3-5 years of experience in consulting, venture capital and/or business development.
- Substantial life sciences experience required (IVD experience strongly preferred).
- Strong network within the IVD and investment community - significant advantage.
- PhD and/or MBA required.
Skills and competencies
- Be comfortable in working in a fluid and unstructured environment.
- Be creative, intellectually curious, self-starting.
- Be able to work independently.
- Demonstrate an ability to listen, understand unfamiliar businesses and transaction concepts quickly.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, distilling complex subjects into actionable decision frames.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and interact at multiple levels both inside and outside the company.
- Prioritize effectively in real time, multi-task on several projects and have strong organization skills.
Be willing and able to travel as required, including on short notice, around 30% of the time.
Location is flexible with a preference for Toronto, Canada or Israel.