#Associate Business Development and Alliance Management
Associate Business Development and Alliance Management (Canada/Boston,US/Israel)
Who are we looking for?
If you're a highly motivated top notch analytical, strategic and talented team player, with a passion for realizing game changing medical products that can impact patients, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced team member to join our business development team, reporting to the Chief Business Development & Strategy Officer and to contribute to our corporate development and strategy efforts, in deal-intensive environment. Responsibilities include participating in developing the company business strategy, performing due diligence, competitive intelligence, deal negotiation and support for potential in and out licensing opportunities. Moreover, this role will be responsible for the management of ongoing and future strategic partnerships.
The work will be done in close collaboration with other team members, especially with our strategic marketing group.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Source and triage business development opportunities (network, conferences, inbound opportunities)
- Perform due diligence, including working with the finance and marketing group to gather all relevant information for potential business development opportunities. Synthesize and present the information, along with recommendations, to the executive team
- Assist in negotiation, term sheet and agreement drafting
- Work closely with the head of business development and strategy to develop and implement the 5yr strategic plan for the company, including assessment of acquisition and divestiture opportunities, including landscape and opportunity mapping.
- Occasionally work with outside consulting firm to manage some strategy projects
- Present work to executive team
- Manage the alliance governance processes, consistent with agreement intent, and ensure that joint governance committees’ function efficiently with timely decision-making.
- Provide an open and continuous channel of communication to ensure appropriate
- Identified value-creating opportunities to expand alliances
Education And/or Experience
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, venture capital and/or business development
- PhD and/or MBA required
- Substantial life sciences experience required (IVD experience strongly preferred) in business development, strategic consulting or investment banking
- Strong network within the IVD and investment community
Skills and competencies
- Be comfortable in working in a fluid and unstructured environment
- Be creative, intellectually curious, self-starting and possess a strong work ethic
- Be able to work independently
- Demonstrate an ability to listen, understand unfamiliar businesses and transaction concepts quickly
- Communicate clearly and concisely, distilling complex subjects into actionable decision frames
- Have strong interpersonal skills and interact at multiple levels both inside and outside the company
- Prioritize effectively in real time, multi-task on several projects and have strong organization skills
- Be willing and able to travel as required, including on short notice, 30% of the time
Location is flexible (Toronto, CA;, Boston, USA or Haifa, IL) with a preference for Toronto, Canada