#Business and Legal Affairs Associate - ISR
Who are we?
We are here to improve the lives of patients through innovative technologies. We're a rapidly growing inter-disciplinary team of professionals passionate about developing disruptive technologies that use the body’s immune response in order to empower physicians to make better informed decisions. Our first goal is to address one of the most frequent medical encounters – the fever encounter (www.me-med.com).
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a highly talented, enthusiastic and professional individual to join our team as Business & Legal Affairs Associate. We seek an A+ qualified lawyer, with excellent negotiations and execution skills, and a track record of handling commercial transactions in a fast-paced environment, to join us in our current fascinating period of growth and acceleration. If you have fire in your eyes and passion to grow and succeed, you are looking for a unique opportunity to practice a combination of business and legal skills, and wants to take part in improving people’s lives, that could be you!
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Structure, draft, review, negotiate and close commercial contracts covering a range of transactions (e.g. complex supply and licensing agreements, sales & distribution agreements, R&D collaborations, clinical studies, marketing endeavors etc.).
- Engage in negotiations and contractual-commercial optimization of complex technology-related engagements with suppliers, service providers and partners.
- Develop in-depth understanding of the company business, technology and mentality and provide timely, pragmatic, business-oriented legal-commercial advice to company’s personnel.
- Support and coordinate commercial and contractual issues with different groups within the company (R&D, Medical, Operations, Sales, Finance, etc.).
- Deal with insurances matters along all lines of businesses.
- Ad-Hoc projects to enhance team’s and company’s efficiency.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Qualified lawyer with 3+ years of experience in the areas of commercial law, negotiations, and contracts.
- 2+ years of experience, post internship, in High-Tech industry or High-Tech/Commercial department in a leading law firm – Advantage.
- MBA, Bachelor’s degree in business administration or Economics - Advantage.
- Experience in privacy law and Intellectual Property - Advantage
- Excellent English (both spoken and written) – Mandatory.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and with sense of urgency.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to understand legal and financial implications.
- Excellent execution skills with an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly polished and effective negotiation skills - planning, managing, and conducting negotiations with worldwide parties on a win-win basis.
- Problem solver that "gets the job done" with outstanding attention to details.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Location & Travel:
MeMed headquarters are based in Haifa, Israel.